Monday, March 26, 2007

Random thoughts.

What is it that makes us sit here, overwhelmed by nothing and unable to move or accomplish anything? I don't understand it, and I don't understand why it afflicts everyone (at least that I've ever met) to some degree at some point. Sometimes, we call it boredom, sometimes it's something else, but regardless, everything becomes heavy; every task becomes a chore, even just to breathe, but at the same time, we find ourselves easily disatisfied with our current circumstances, longing for excitement (to "do something"). It's one of the many aspects of humanity, that is, at least on the surface, completely paradoxical.

Anyway, it's in this state that I sit now. It's only 2:45 AM, which is early by my current standards, but the only things I am capable of doing are listening to songs that I refuse to try and fix, and watching adult swim, even though the current episode of Futurama is a rerun. And obviously, type. Because that's what I'm currently doing.

I've found I'm excellent at Candyland, as some of you know. Today, I played a champion; a bonified "child." It was a grueling 5 game match, and I won 4. And I was pretty stoked on that. My opponent had stolen my dignity on several different occasions, and this was my first successful attempt at earning it back. I am now reigning Candyland champ in the Rudzik house, and I have the belt to prove it (which I made). It was amazing. At one point, my opponent became so flustered, she even started cheating (or maybe just made a mistake, but regardless), which of course, I was immediately privy to, and had her penalized. Bottomline, if you like Candyland, stay away from me. I will ruin your day real fast.

So my foot, post-laceration (see earlier blog), is pretty sweet looking, because I have this huge flap of skin on my big toe, that I guess is just dead. It just hangs off, and underneath is some good meaty Toe-flesh. And, by the way, I have discovered some kind of strange, new-fangled version of the Band-Aid, provided by none other than the almighty 3M (makers of several products I hold near and dear to my heart). Yes, this strange contraption looks nothing like a bandaid, and yet, adheres strictly to my Toe-flesh, is completely waterproof, and above all, it looks SPACEAGE. Which, I mean, that is the most important quality right? According to our generation, if it's small, shiny, or SPACEAGE, then we buy it. We're kind of like cavemen. Oh, and I forgot expensive. We'll by expensive stuff too, just because.

Next topic.

Still thinking...

Oh, right... I went to the dentist this week. My, my, that was a blast. Actually, it really doesn't bother me. Okay, well, that's not entirely true. What the hell is that polish whatever they electric-sweep against your teeth? Every time, I ask for the non-flavored kind, because I'd rather not throw up on my shiny, clean teeth 10 minutes after leaving the dentists office, but every time it tastes like some evil version of the mint flavor that we all love. And IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE. I literally long for vomit to erupt from one or more holes in my face. That polish is responsible for my sick stomach at least twice a year, and it totally ruined my otherwise delicious Chinese food this time. And, hey, I value my Chinese food. You do not mess with my Chinese food.

This has been a complete waste of time.
But hey, that was the goal right.
PC OT

No comments: